UNAIDS International Goodwill Ambassador and actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan recently joined UNAIDS Deputy Executive Director Dr Luiz...
UNAIDS expresses its deep concern that, through its recent decision on the constitutionality of Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code,...
India’s rapid progress in expanding access to antiretroviral treatment over the last five years was heralded as “an example of...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 2,100,000 [1,700,000 - 2,600,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.3% [0.2% - 0.3%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 1,900,000 [1,600,000 - 2,400,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 750,000 [610,000 - 940,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 140,000 [100,000 - 170,000]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
UNAIDS country coordinator
Country progress reports - 2010PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012PDF