Addressing stigma and discrimination was underlined as critical to progress on HIV by UNAIDS Goodwill Ambassador Crown Princess Mette...
Through a number of sessions featuring diverse and distinguished panellists from around the world, discussions at the Congress in Kuala...
In a quiet street, 40 minutes outside the bustling city centre of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, is a house with multi-coloured walls, filled...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 82,000 [60,000 - 110,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.4% [0.3% - 0.6%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 81,000 [59,000 - 110,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 12,000 [8,500 - 16,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 5,200 [3,100 - 8,000]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
Director, Regional Support Team for Asia and Pacific
Country progress reports - 2012PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012PDF