The Executive Director of UNAIDS Michel Sidibé was in the Malian capital Bamako over the weekend. He was there to take part in a...
UNAIDS Goodwill Ambassador HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway travelled to Bamako, Mali to participate in the Youth Summit on HIV,...
A youth summit convened under the patronage of the President of the Republic of Mali, Amadou Toumani Touré, and co-hosted by UNAIDS...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 100,000 [79,000 - 120,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.9% [0.7% - 1.2%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 84,000 [66,000 - 100,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 50,000 [40,000 - 62,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 4,900 [3,300 - 6,800]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17