Mamnoon Hussain, the President of Pakistan, affirmed his commitment to continue and increase efforts to respond to HIV in the country....
Pakistan’s capacity to effectively respond to the HIV epidemic could be hindered due to the lack of resources to implement its revised...
In a move to counter social exclusion and change discriminatory practices, a dialogue has begun in Pakistan between the government,...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 87,000 [50,000 - 160,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- <0.1% [<0.1% - 0.2%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 85,000 [48,000 - 160,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 24,000 [14,000 - 44,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 3,500 [2,100 - 6,600]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17