The UNAIDS Unified Budget, Results and Accountability Framework (UBRAF)—the successor to the Unified Budget and Workplan (UBW)—is the instrument of the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) to translate the UNAIDS Strategy into action. It mobilizes the contributions of UNAIDS Cosponsors and Secretariat to achieve the targets and elimination commitments set in the United Nation Political Declaration on HIV and AIDS adopted by the General Assembly on 10 June 2011.
The principal aim of the UBRAF is to catalyse country level action and results against AIDS within a broader development context. The UBRAF has a particular focus on 30+ countries with the highest potential for impact and the highest return on investments. Resource allocations in the UBRAF are based on epidemic priorities, the comparative advantage of the UN, the performance of the Secretariat and Cosponsors, and the funds that Cosponsors themselves raise.
The 2012-2015 UBRAF was developed through a consultative process and approved by UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board (PCB) in 2011. The UBRAF includes a four-year planning framework, a two-year budget cycle and annual rolling workplans.
- 2012-2015 Unified Budget, Results and Accountability Framework Brochure ( en | fr )
- UNAIDS 2012-2015 UBRAF - Part I: Overview ( en | fr )
- UNAIDS 2012-2015 UBRAF - Revised results, accountability and budget matrix ( en ) (updated in Dec 2012 to reflect latest indicator definitions)
- UNAIDS performance monitoring report 2010-2011 ( en | fr )
2012 Performance Monitoring Report
This report summarizes the 2012 achievements of the Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) at country, regional and global level and outlines remaining challenges. The report presents progress against the global targets established by the 2011 United Nations General Assembly Political Declaration on HIV and AIDS (“global targets”), based on a review of trends and achievements against indicators included in the 2012-2015 Unified Budget, Results and Accountability Framework (UBRAF) Part II. Progress against all the indicators and deliverables in the UBRAF is presented in a supplementary matrix, which also contains additional analyses and information.
- 2012 UNAIDS performance monitoring report ( en | fr )
- 2012 performance monitoring report technical supplement (expenditure and indicator matrix) ( en )
- More UBRAF-related documents for the 32nd meeting of the Programme Coordinating Board
Multi-stakeholder Consultation on UNAIDS 2012-2015 Unified Budget, Results and Accountability Framework
As part of the process to develop a new budget for UNAIDS for 2014-2015, a multi-stakeholder consultation will be held in Geneva on 4 March 2013. Participation in the meeting is open to all members and observers of the UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board as well as other key partners of UNAIDS.