The IV Latin American and Caribbean Forum on HIV/AIDS and STD’s came to a close on 20 April 2007 in Buenos Aires.
The IV Latin American and Caribbean Forum on HIV/AIDS and STD’s opened in Buenos Aires on 17 April under the theme "Latin America...
The Pan American Health Organization has produced a DVD anthology of nearly 200 television spots about HIV that have been shown around...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 98,000 [80,000 - 120,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.4% [0.3% - 0.5%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 95,000 [77,000 - 110,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 32,000 [26,000 - 37,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 3,700 [2,200 - 5,300]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
UNAIDS country coordinator
Country progress reports - 2012PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012PDF