Substitution therapy with methadone was introduced in Belarus three years ago and has since expanded from one pilot clinic to a network...
In the second of a series of interviews with the UN Special Envoys for HIV/AIDS, Professor Kallings shares his views on his role and the...
In less than a decade, numbers of new infections have increased twenty-fold in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Belarus is no exception....
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 23,000 [21,000 - 26,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.4% [0.4% - 0.5%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 23,000 [21,000 - 25,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 7,100 [6,400 - 8,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 1,200 [1,000 - 1,500]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17