The Dominican Republic is one step closer to ensuring that all people living with HIV access treatment. The country’s National Social...
The Miller School of Medicine of the University of Miami and the Fogarty International Training Programme on AIDS and TB organized in...
The Coalition of First Ladies and Women Leaders of Latin America on Women and AIDS held its IV meeting in the Dominican Republic on 27...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 45,000 [39,000 - 52,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.7% [0.6% - 0.8%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 42,000 [37,000 - 49,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 22,000 [19,000 - 26,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 1,900 [1,400 - 2,600]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
Dominican Republic Contacts
Ana Maria Navarro
UNAIDS country officer
Country progress reports - 2012PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012PDF