Kay Forde has been a sex worker in Guyana for more than 20 years. She is an AIDS activist too. As secretary of the One Love...
On Wednesday 24th March 2010, Guyana unveiled the country’s new national principles, standards and guidelines for the prevention of...
The Miller School of Medicine of the University of Miami and the Fogarty International Training Programme on AIDS and TB organized in...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2013)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 7,700 [4,000 - 13,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 1.4% [0.7% - 2.5%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 7,500 [3,800 - 13,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 4,000 [2,000 - 6,800]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17