After appointing the First Lady of Mozambique as a Patron of the Global Plan towards the elimination of new HIV infections among...
The Executive Director of UNAIDS, Michel Sidibé has appointed the First Lady of Mozambique as a Patron of the Global Plan towards the...
Mozambique is one of the settings of a new film about the life of Diana, Princess of Wales. It’s also where UNAIDS.org caught up with...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 1,600,000 [1,400,000 - 1,800,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 11.1% [9.9% - 12.9%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 1,400,000 [1,200,000 - 1,600,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 810,000 [730,000 - 930,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- 180,000 [150,000 - 220,000]
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 77,000 [65,000 - 93,000]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
- 740,000 [640,000 - 870,000]
José Enrique Zelaya Bonilla
UNAIDS country coordinator
Country progress reports - 2012PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012PDF