The Constitutional Tribunal of Peru is amending an article in its penal code which for many years had criminalized consensual sexual...
In the lead up to this year’s World AIDS Day, the Ministry of Health of Peru and Asociación Dignidad, in collaboration with UNAIDS...
A new campaign has been launched to counter the stigma and discrimination experienced by people living with HIV in Peru- The joint...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 76,000 [36,000 - 230,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.4% [0.2% - 1.3%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 72,000 [34,000 - 230,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 23,000 [11,000 - 68,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 4,100 [1,700 - 10,000]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17