The population of South Sudan is largely made up of young people. According to the World Bank, 51% of the population in the country are...
In South Sudan, the world’s newest nation, a range of bilateral and multilateral partners have been working with the government to...
Mary Kiden is a refugee in Uganda who is living with HIV and taking antiretroviral medicines. She wants to return home to southern Sudan...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 150,000 [100,000 - 230,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 2.7% [1.8% - 4.0%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 140,000 [88,000 - 200,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 78,000 [51,000 - 120,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- 19,000 [12,000 - 28,000]
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 13,000 [8,400 - 20,000]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
- 110,000 [67,000 - 170,000]
South Sudan Contacts
UNAIDS country coordinator
Country progress reports - 2012PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012PDF