UNAIDS welcomes the recent lifting of all restrictions on entry, stay and residence for people living with HIV in Tajikistan. The...
The Programme, supported by a three-year grant of US$ 16.5 million from the Russian Government, aims to strengthen health systems,...
HIV prevalence has been increasing in the Republic of Tajikistan for more than two decades. Now a network of Y-PEER youth trainers,...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 12,000 [6,900 - 24,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.3% [0.2% - 0.6%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 11,000 [6,500 - 23,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 4,100 [2,300 - 8,400]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- <1,000 [<500 - <1,000]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
UNAIDS country officer
Country progress reports - 2012PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2010PDF