Civil society: Have your say on community systems strengthening!
16 February 2010Ces informations ne sont pas disponibles en français.
The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund) has developed a community systems strengthening (CSS) Framework in collaboration with other stakeholders including UNAIDS to clarify the range of community strengthening activities the Global Fund is mandated to support.
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance (Alliance) and the International Council of AIDS Services Organizations (ICASO) are conducting an online consultation for civil society to input into the draft framework that has been developed to outline community systems strengthening.
This is an important opportunity for community organizations to contribute to and strengthen the Framework
UNAIDS Head of Civil Society Partnerships, Kate Thomson
The Alliance and ICASO invite civil society views on this framework, which will play an important role for anyone working at a community level.
UNAIDS encourages civil society partners to participate in this consultation. “This is an important opportunity for community organizations to contribute to and strengthen the Framework,” said UNAIDS Head of Civil Society Partnerships, Kate Thomson.
Filling the gaps
The CSS framework has been developed in recognition that there are gaps in funding for many aspects of community action on HIV, TB, malaria, reproductive health and other health-related issues. It has been developed specifically to support the CSS component of Global Fund grants, but is applicable to all community based activities aimed at improving health though community based action.
By feeding back on the draft framework, you will help further develop what will become a key document which can:
- Help civil society actors articulate and scale up their activities, and access Global Fund funding
- Equip governments to better understand the vital roles of community actors particularly when building stronger health systems
- Enable the Global Fund to make informed decisions about awarding grants to proposals strong in CSS.
How to have your say
1. Read the Draft Community Strengthening Framework
Don’t have time to read the full version? We’ve read it for you – and condensed the vital information. Read the summary
2. Have your say on the eForum. Join the online focused discussion that will open a space for dialogue on the framework. Send an email NOW to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Take the online survey Available online in the coming weeks.
4. Get your friends to have their say. Use the ‘Share’ link above, to use the social networking icons to spread the word.
5. Watch out for more details on how to participate over the next few weeks.
It is in all our interests to make sure that the CSS framework is as strong as possible so please – participate!
For further information email Taline Haytayan at the International HIV/AIDS Alliance: email@example.com