Archivo de la JCP
13th PCB Meeting, December 2002
The 13th Meeting of the Programme Coordinating Board. Lisbon, Portugal 11-12 December 2002
- Provisional agenda item 3: partnership agreement between UNAIDS and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (en | fr)
Paper outlining the process of developing the partnership agreement with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
- Speech to the 13th Meeting of the UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board, Estoril, Portugal, 11 December 2002, by Peter Piot, UNAIDS Executive Director (en | fr)
This meeting of the PCB is among the most important in the Programme’s short history. My report on the Future Directions for UNAIDS responds to the recommendations of the Final Report of the Evaluation Team on the Five Year Evaluation by proposing specific operational actions to take the Programme forward.
- Decisions, recommendations and conclusions (en | fr)
Presents the decisions, recommendations and conclusions of the 13th meeting of the PCB. The meeting included discussion of the Five-Year Evaluation of UNAIDS, the partnership agreement between UNAIDS and the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, debriefing of field visits and financial resources for HIV/AIDS programmes.
- Provisional agenda item 5.1: financial resources for HIV/AIDS programmes in low- and middle-income countries over the next five years (en | fr)
This report has been prepared in response to a recommendation from the last meeting of the Programme Coordinating Board (PCB) on resource tracking. It includes updated information on the costs of responding to the HIV/AIDS epidemic and on progress in tracking expenditures and mobilizing new resources for the response. It further provides the most up-to-date information on the financial resources required for a credible response to the epidemic and on global progress towards achieving the necessary level of support.
- Provisional agenda item 2: future directions for UNAIDS: responding to the Five-Year Evaluation of the programme (en | fr)
This report has been prepared in response to the conclusions and recommendations of the Final Report of the Five-Year Evaluation of UNAIDS. It sets out a number of proposed actions aimed at improving the performance and functioning of UNAIDS so that it can more effectively meet expectations of an expanded response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- Report of the thirteenth meeting (Fourth Ad Hoc Thematic Meeting) of the Programme Coordinating Board, 11-12 December 2002 (en | fr)
Includes discussion of the Five-Year evaluation of UNAIDS, Partnership Agreement between UNAIDS and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, debriefing of the field visits, next PCB meeting, and financial resources for HIV/AIDS programmes in low- and middle-income countries over the next five years.
- Provisional agenda item 2: five-year evaluation of UNAIDS, final report, 8th October 2002 (en | fr)
At its seventh meeting in December 1998, the Programme Coordinating Board endorsed the framework and plan for monitoring and evaluation of the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), which included an evaluation of UNAIDS in 2001, five years after its establishment. The Final Report of the Five-Year Evaluation of UNAIDS, prepared by the contracted Evaluation Team, is herewith attached. Annex 1 contains the letter of submission from the Evaluation Team Leader; annex 2, the appraisal of the Final Report by the Evaluation Supervisory Panel; and annex 3, the UNAIDS’ response to the Evaluation.