Archivo de la JCP
12th PCB Meeting, May 2002
The 12th Meeting of the Programme Coordinating Board. Geneva, Switzerland 29-31 May 2002
- Provisional agenda item 6.1: new UNAIDS premises: status and next steps (en | fr)
The UNAIDS Secretariat in Geneva is currently housed in two separate buildings, which has caused logistical problems and detracts from the Programme’s efficiency. Additionally, the current accommodations do not offer appropriate facilities, e.g. large conference rooms and sufficient storage. Following protracted discussions over alternative accommodation, the Swiss Government has proposed construction of a UNAIDS headquarters building, which UNAIDS will share with the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Provisional agenda item 6.2: development of a UNAIDS unified budget and workplan for 2004-2005 (en | fr)
Outlines the proposed principles for developing the 2003/2004 UNAIDS Unified Budget and Workplan.
- Five-year evaluation of UNAIDS : Bulletin (8) from the Chair, June 2002. ESP attendance at the twelfth meeting of the UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board (PCB), 29 – 31 May 2002
- Five-year evaluation of UNAIDS: progress report from the Evaluation Supervisory Panel (ESP) Chair to the twelfth meeting of the UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board (PCB), 29 – 31 May 2002 (en | fr)
Progress report from Euclides Castilho, the chair of the panel for the five year evaluation of UNAIDS. The report provides information on completed milestones and planned activities from the report to the PCB in May 2001 to discussion of the evaluation report at the December 2002 PCB. It also notes several items where guidance is required.
- Provisional agenda item 4.1: the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (en | fr)
Provides background and description of UNAIDS’ continuing support to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
- Speech to the 12th Meeting of the UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board, 29 May 2002, by Peter Piot, UNAIDS Executive Director (en | fr)
In welcoming you to this 12th meeting of the PCB, I want to reflect on what has been a momentous year. For the first time, there is a real sense that the scale of the global HIV epidemic will be matched by the scale of the response. UNAIDS is now clearly operating in a very different context than when we started six years ago. And it is fair to say that we have been a major actor in shaping this different environment. This presentation will focus on how we are responding to the new reality.
- Provisional agenda item 2: promotion and implementation of the Declaration of Commitment adopted by the United Nations General Assembly Special Session on HIV/AIDS (UNGASS) (en | fr)
In June 2001, the United Nations (UN) convened a landmark special session on HIV/AIDS (UNGASS) at which 189 Member States adopted a Declaration of Commitment. The Declaration calls upon a range of partners to act upon ten key areas of commitment. While the primary responsibility for implementing the Declaration lies with Governments, the UN system has an important role to play in supporting implementation and in monitoring achievements of the goals and targets within the Declaration. This paper reports on steps taken to promote full implementation of the UNGASS Declaration of Commitment and presents indicators developed to measure progress in realigning the Declaration’s goals and targets.
- Provisional agenda item 3.1: financial report and audited financial statements for the financial period 1 January 2000 to 31 December 2001 and report of the external auditor (en | fr)
This report includes the opinion of the external auditor and provides financial statements, schedules and other details including a statement of income and expenditure and fund balances, as well as core and non-core funds - details of total income as of 31 December 2001.
- Provisional agenda item 1.4: report of the Executive Director, 2000-2001 (en | fr)
This report of the UNAIDS Executive Director to the Programme Coordinating Board (PCB) is intended to update the PCB on the status of the epidemic, to summarize the major developments in advancing the global and UN system response to the AIDS epidemic over the 2000 – 2001 biennium, to identify the challenges that lie ahead, and the overall direction of the Programme in addressing them. This report focuses on analysis of the major developments and issues, rather than providing an all-encompassing review of UNAIDS activities.
- Report of the twelfth meeting of the Programme Coordinating Board of UNAIDS (en | fr)
During the 12th meeting of the PCB, the reports of the Executive Director, the Chairperson of the Committee of Cosponsoring Organizations and the NGO representative were received. Promotion and implementation of the Declaration of Commitment adopted by the United Nations General Assembly Special Session on HIV/AIDS was discussed, as well as status of the UBW and the new UNAIDS building, and financial and progress reports were reviewed.