Scientific Writing Services
The process concluded with the award of Long Term Agreements to 7 individuals/companies
- DCI Uganda, Uganda, for a maximum amount of USD 9,600
- Hein Marais, Switzerland, for a maximum amount of USD 192,000
- INIS Communication, Thailand, for a maximum amount of USD 72,160
- Jane Parry, China, for a maximum amount of USD 50,400
- Margaret Ann Harris Cheng, Switzerland, for a maximum amount of USD 40,000
- Michel Isbell, USA, for a maximum amount of USD 170,000
- Michael Reid/ Tony Conroy, United Kingdom, for a maximum amount of USD 40,000
Original Tendering Information:
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to establish Long Term Agreements for a 2 year duration, extendable for a further year on the same terms with successful bidders and select suitable contractors to carry out research, writing and editing of public documents in close consultation with UNAIDS and its stakeholders.
The contractor will provide writing, editing and proofreading of the following types of documents:
- Analytical or critical writing that may include literature reviews, working with multiple data sources and formulating and writing to a point of view and voice.
- Report writing and analyses that may include working with multiple focal points for information, as well as researching and interviewing.
- Researching, drafting and editing speeches, opinion editorials, briefing notes, talking points, media materials and publicity texts.
- Providing editorial input on figures and tables to be used to support and illustrate key issues.
UNAIDS estimates that it will require up to 100 days of research, writing and editing per calendar year. This is expected to be spread across more than one consultant.
Publishing date: 15/02/2011
Closing date: 11/03/2011
Revised date: 4/03/2011
Reason for revision: Extension of deadline from 4-March to 11-March
Email for submissions of all queries: Bids@unaids.org
Email subject: RFP-2011-07
Request for Proposal
Proposal Submission Form